Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
Hospitality Institute Program Director
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
Since 1964 Philadelphia OIC has been a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valuable job training, life skills, digital literacy, high school equivalency preparation, and employment opportunities.
The Director is responsible for overseeing the operations of OIC Philadelphia’s Hospitality Training Institute(HTI), which includes, but is not limited to our Culinary Arts Program, Front Desk Operations, and Room Attendant programs. The Director will work closelywith instructors, students, staff, and Advisory Boards of HTI to ensure the successful operation of the Institute and its programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the overall operations of HTI and all related programs.
· Identifies and assists in the development and implementation of new programs. Participates in program review and other assessment activities both internal and external.
· Oversees the retail operations of OIC Café (in development) directly related to education outcomes and learning experiences for students in our programs.
· Manages the design and implementation of all HTI programs.
· Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, and effective communication in the facility and when interacting with outside clientele.
· Plans in advance to ensure the availability of supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment.
· Oversees major purchases of equipment.
· Works diligently to ensure student retention and completion of programs.
· Identifies and coordinates partnership opportunities for scholarships, equipment, internships, etc.
· Acts as liaison with external partners and provides internal coordination of initiatives.
· Cultivates relationships with culinary, tourism, and hospitality programs to cultivate articulation agreements and other collaborative efforts.
· Assists in the identification of resources necessary for successful program delivery while operating within approved budget levels.
· Identifies viable resourced evelopment initiatives individually and in collaboration in conjunction with the Workforce Development Director and Chief Advancement Officer.
· In collaboration with the Workforce Development Director, recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate, and develop full-time and part-time staff, and contract trainers as needed.
· Assists the Advancement office in marketing efforts and oversees social media efforts for the Institute.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s in business administration or Master’s degree in Culinary/Hospitality Administration
· At least five years of work experience in the business sector with a minimum of three years in a supervisory position. (Experience in culinary/hospitality industry preferred)
· At least three years of teaching experience; culinary; postsecondary teaching experience preferred.
· Experience operating, marketing, and managing a medium to large-scale facility.
· Experience working with community and industry partners.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated administrative, problem-solving, team building, entrepreneurial, and organizational skills.
· Proven skills in handling detailed tasks and multiple assignments.
Strong culinary industry knowledge, and an understanding and passion for the culinary industry.
· Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.
· Established interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated record of being able to work collaboratively with people in a service organization. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various types of individuals and companies.
· Valid driver’s license and insured automobile required for travel.
Philadelphia OIC is a mission-driven nonprofit, that provides both the values and sense of purpose that working for a historic nonprofit provides. We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package and invest in the growth and development of our staff. Our work environment is collaborative and focused and will provide you with the opportunity for deep utilization of your particular set of talents.
Philadelphia OIC is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer, and speaking on the phone.
However, at times, this role will be required to attend OIC events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the organization. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours.
Please note that Philadelphia OIC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at anytime. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.