Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
We are Philadelphia OIC, a local non-profit dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training. We are excited to add a Controller to our management team! This is a brand-new position which will oversee and streamline all Accounting and Finance functions, as we prepare for anticipated growth.
About the role:
The Controller both oversees and performs the organization's financial planning and accounting practices. These functions include, but are not limited to, the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and managing audits in addition to the development and monitoring of the annual budget. The Controller reports to the CEO, and undertakes special projects as assigned by the CEO. This role requires strong communication, interpersonal skills, and a strategic perspective.
What sets us apart:
- Our work environment is collaborative and focused and will provide you with the opportunity for deep utilization of your talent and real opportunities for growth.
- We have a strong team who share a common passion – to serve our community.
- A company culture that strives to exceed expectations in everything we do.
- A diverse and inclusive culture that embraces innovation.
What the Controller will be doing:
- The Controller both oversees and performs the organization's financial planning and accounting practices. These functions include, but are not limited to, the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and managing audits in addition to the development and monitoring of the annual budget.
- This role will provide guidance to the CEO and COO regarding our accounting practices, systems, and recordkeeping as necessary, ensuring the organization is up to date on best practices and continually improving efficiency of the department.
- This role supports the appraisal of the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports to management on organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
The right person for this role must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting (Master’s degree a plus, but not required)
- Have a minimum of 5 years related financial experience at the management level within a non-profit organization
- Perform at an advanced level within Microsoft Excel
- Be able to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to explain financial information to parties with varying degrees of financial understanding
Philadelphia OIC is a mission driven nonprofit, that provides both the values and sense of purpose that working for a historic nonprofit provides. We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package and invest in the growth and development of our staff. Our work environment is collaborative and focused and will provide you with the opportunity for deep utilization of your particular set of talents.
Philadelphia OIC is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard workday, most of the time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer, and speaking on the phone.
Please note that Philadelphia OIC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.