Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
Executive Administrative Assistant
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
Since 1964 Philadelphia OIC has been a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valuable job training, life skills, digital literacy, high school equivalency preparation, and employment opportunities.
The Executive Assistant (EA) is primarily responsible for administrative support for the President & CEO and the Executive Team. This role provides high-level administrative support by conducting research and handling information requests, as well as performing routine administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. To be successful in this role, The Executive Assistant must be well- organized, have great time management skills, and produce results independently. This role will contribute to both the efficiency and effectiveness of Philadelphia OIC by providing personalized and timely support to executive team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the President/CEO and the Executive Team.
- Manages and maintains executives' schedules.
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Prepares agendas for meetings and manages all associated logistics, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Provides clerical support to other departments, as needed.
- Manages all logistics of our Lounge, Shared Space, Board and Conference Rooms
- Performs general office duties, such as receiving and routing mail, ordering supplies, and maintaining adequate inventory, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Makes travel arrangements and accommodations for the Executive Team.
- Answers phone calls and emails in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadline.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines; flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Proficient in standard office software systems, including but not limited to MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Cloud Based data access (i.e., Dropbox, Google Drive) and Video conferencing software
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- Strong work ethic; organized and detail-oriented
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Required 3-5 years of paid work experience as an executive, administrative or personal assistant, preferably to a senior executive.
Philadelphia OIC is a mission driven nonprofit, that provides both the values and sense of purpose that working for a historic nonprofit provides. We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package and invest in the growth and development of our staff. Our work environment is collaborative and focused and will provide you with the opportunity for deep utilization of your particular set of talents.
Philadelphia OIC is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment.
This role will be required to attend OIC events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the organization. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours.
Please note that Philadelphia OIC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.