Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
Philadelphia OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, GED preparation, and employment placement.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for providing workforce development services to participants of the SOAR Reentry Program. Specifically, the Employment Specialist creates relationships with employment partners and then works as a liaison between these employment partners and program participants in an effort to match participants with available positions. The Employment Specialists also conducts mock interviews, creates resumes and conducts job fairs.
- Administer assessments with applicants as they complete the SOAR intake process.
- Assign participants job fairs and career development workshops to attend, as needed.
- Assist participants with creation and/or update of resumes.
- Verify participant employment with employers and record information on Employment Verification forms.
- Collect paystubs from participants for retention purposes.
- Document all participant employment information.
- Conduct career development workshops for SOAR participants in collaboration with the OIC Career Specialist.
- Attend partner meetings with One Stop Shop(s), American Job Center(s), and Careerlink programs.
- Manage and maintain current employer related partnerships within Philadelphia OIC and the SOAR program.
- Garner new employer partnerships with employers, especially in areas relative to programmatic educational and vocational trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of current labor market trends, including appropriate compensation and benefits for particular positions.
- Awareness of proper resume formatting and style.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience when working with novice job seekers.
- Solid negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, Internet, database usage and spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Employee Relations, Business, or a related field.
- 2-3 years’ of related experience.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Commitment to Philadelphia OIC’s mission.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, from reentrants to public officials.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the city of Philadelphia and surrounding communities.
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with reentrants is preferred.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Philadelphia OIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.