Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
Philadelphia OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, GED preparation, and employment placement.
The Reentry Case Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the case plans of participants in the SOAR Reentry Program. The Reentry Case Manager is required to track and monitor participants’ progress to ensure compliance with these case plans. The Reentry CaseManager also works closely with community partner agencies to ensure program participants are engaged and supported in services that include employment, training and educational attainment.
- Service a caseload of 25-30 active participants, all of which will be justice involved individuals.
- Provide individual case management sessions with all clients at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Conduct initial screenings to determine the level of service and support needed.
- Develop individual case plans for all clients that identify barriers to successful reentry.
- Document all client contact and progress, including time and date, type of contact, outcome andplan of action.
- Provide or broker services to holistically address clients’ needs.
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager.
- Attend program and agency related meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with the program funder in the collection of data, report writing and follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines, and within budget constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia Justice System and/or community resources with demonstrated experience working with justice involved young adults and/or adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to inspire community participation and build coalitions.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, Internet, database usage and spreadsheets.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may haveconflicting interests and opinions.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW), Psychology, Counseling, Criminology,or a related social/behavioral science field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in delivering case management services.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, from reentrants to public officials.
- Commitment to Philadelphia OIC’s mission.
- Ability to travel inside prison and jail facilities (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted).
- Ability to travel within the city of Philadelphia and surrounding communities.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature andlevel of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensiveinventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to thisjob. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate otherfunctions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement orcontract.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Philadelphia OIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees andapplicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.