Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
Admissions Outreach Coordinator
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
Since 1964 Philadelphia OIC has been a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valuable job training, life skills, digital literacy, high school equivalency preparation, and employment opportunities.
This position is responsible for the community outreach coordination and recruitment for Philadelphia OIC. The Admissions Outreach Coordinator is responsible for, and is the lead, in the oversight, planning and implementation of outreach and recruiting strategies for connecting people to program services. Primary responsibilities include building strategic relationships within the community, creating agreements, and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations supporting program enrollment goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement processes effective with recruiting strategies for admissions goals, identifying specific methods as they relate to events, activities, planning, technology, marketing, social networking, etc.
- Lead outreach efforts through a variety of outreach activities; including developing a plan to recruit, train, and utilize outreach team and volunteers.
- Develop the ongoing strengthening of outreach strategy, including creating an annual outreach plan, innovating new methods to conduct outreach, identifying new outreach opportunities and partners, and maintaining an up-to-date outreach database.
- Develop and manage a calendar of events and communicates with staff regarding coverage and responsibilities tracking outreach/recruiting activities, analyzing and evaluating outreach/recruiting statistics, and developing reports on outreach/recruiting efforts.
- Attends relevant community meetings, and actively participates in relevant councils and committees as a liaison for the organization.
- Develops and maintains outreach materials and packets and assists in the coordination of related special events including holiday baskets/gifts; donor/partner/volunteer appreciation activities.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the company'sSocial Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness. Increase marketing efforts by managing the day-to-day handling of all social media channels as a recruitment strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing and engaging personality, with the ability to demonstrate confidence to interact face to face with individuals, partners, and the community at large.
- Excellent verbal, written and oral presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work and lead in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and websites, including familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge (mobile and virtual platforms).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports on development and outreach. activities, to track and assess progress and address program deficiencies as they occur
- Ability to use problem solving skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer literacy in word processing, email, the internet, and data spreadsheets.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with social services with a nonprofit or other entity.
- Knowledge of the family dynamics and experience working with underserved urban populations.
- Ability to travel within the metropolitan area and nationally if required.
- Previous experience with recruitment and outreach.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia and community resources a plus.
Philadelphia OIC is a mission driven nonprofit, that provides both the values and sense of purpose that working for a historic nonprofit provides. We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package and invest in the growth and development of our staff. Our work environment is collaborative and focused and will provide you with the opportunity for deep utilization of your particular set of talents.
Philadelphia OIC is currently working in a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. When in the offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment.
This role will be required to attend OIC events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the organization. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours.
Please note that Philadelphia OIC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.