Philadelphia OIC is dedicated to the elimination of poverty, unemployment, and illiteracy through education and job training.
Administrative Intake Specialist
*Please include the job title in the subject line and attach a copy of your resume.
Philadelphia OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, high school equivalency preparation, and employment placement.
The Administrative Intake Specialist is a point of entry position primarily responsible for welcoming prospective participants/students to Philadelphia OIC. Under the supervision of the Workforce Development Manager, the Administrative Intake Specialist provides front-line intake services to participants coming into Philadelphia OIC programs. This position is accountable for reviewing eligibility and program expectations prior to clients meeting with their assigned program leaders. This position requires a thorough understanding of the organization’s mission, admission process, and criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general secretarial duties and clerical functions (e.g., schedules, copying, faxing, data entry, filing, etc.). Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Provides quality customer service including but not limited to collection of client information, assistance with filling out forms and applications and refers clients to appropriate areas or agencies.
- Utilizes sound judgment and caution in communications with individuals inside and outside the Department when explaining basic information and answering questions about the programs.
- Screens phone calls, mail, and routing to the appropriate party.
- Displays a non-judgmental attitude and handles all information and materials in a confidential manner including time-sensitive information.
- Performs data-entry updates and maintains program files and records as required including maintenance of spreadsheets and databases as necessary.
- Ensures maintenance and management of organization database and provides regular updates.
- Generates and formats reports using established databases or office applications.
- Works with the adult workforce team to submit supply orders, check requests, credit card requests, etc. for approval.
- Collaborates with the admissions recruitment specialist to ensure informational sessions and recruitment events are covered as needed.
- Performs program-related work as necessary which includes assisting with new applications, program intake forms, and participant testing for program entry.
- Project-based tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, and projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheets.
- Must have administrative, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, customer service, and/or database management experience.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database usage